Saturday, March 15, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons...

You bake with them!

Yellow is such a happy color!  My mom always had a yellow and blue kitchen and I knew that when I was a homeowner I wanted the same colored kitchen.  Yellow and blue are such a perfect color pair.

Enough about yellow and blue, sort of....I was lucky enough to be offered to trade my 4 qt. Kitchenaid for a Professional 6 qt one. I was very sad to see my old, white one go, but I really needed a bigger one. I love the size of my new one, but it was matte gray- not the prettiest.  On Pinterest, I found subway art for your KitchenAid.  My mom bought me this one- in yellow, of course, for my birthday.

Waking up on this beautiful sunny, Saturday, I decided to put on the vinyl for my mixer.
I absolutely love it! My mixer looks prettier and it adds an extra pop of yellow!

To continue you with the color of happy, I decided to make a Lemon  Cream Scone recipe I pinned recently.  My husband loves lemon things and had commented how it had been awhile since I made anything lemony.

I followed the recipe exactly and was quite please with the outcome! They were by far the easiest scones I have ever made.

Honestly, start to finish (yes, including baking time) they took 20 minutes.  The most time consuming part was zesting and juicing the lemons.

The recipe tells you to toss in chunks of cold butter on low in the mixer until it becomes pea sized.  I had never done this before.  I have always cut the butter in with two knives because I have never had a pastry cutter.  This was not only easily accomplished in the mixer, but worked very well and saved me a lot of hassle!

Mmm, see the freshly poured glaze on top? I devoured this long before the scones ever cooled.  I will certainly make this recipe again.  I will continue to use the mixer to cut the butter into my scone dough. As On Sugar Mountain blogged, I think I try this again with blueberries to make a very springy scone.



No comments:

Post a Comment