Sunday, May 25, 2014

Quick and Tasty: S'mores Pie

I had my coworkers over for dinner Friday evening.  We were making our homemade pasta in our favorite, creamy prosciutto and pea sauce. 

We made a TON of pasta...

I had thought about s'mores for dessert that we could make with the fire pit, but I knew I'd have disappointed company if I didn't bake anything.  I remembered my coworker had commented on a Pinterest recipe some time ago so I figured to investigate.

I found the recipe for S'mores Pie through Two Peas and Their Pod.  Two Peas and Their Pod link the recipe to Tasty Kitchen.  The recipe honestly took less than 5 minutes to make and that included using the food processor to get graham cracker crumbs.  

After I quickly made the crust and finished assembling the pie, I told Pat that if this was tasty this recipe might become my go-to "I'm bringing dessert" recipe.  Let's say this recipe was a crowd-pleaser and will definitely be made again! 

The recipe calls for you to sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the top crust- I sprinkled chocolate chips in between every later.  A little more chocolate can't be a bad thing...right?  Another thing that I will do differently next time is divide the dough for the crust.  I'll put 2/3 of the crust on the bottom and use the other third for the top.  
The recipe said to allow the pie to cool completely.  I let it cool for about 30 minutes so it was still warm and gooey, but not following apart.  This was so good and was even good with a cup of coffee the following morning ;).

This was my 261 recipe I've made from Pinterest!  My hope is to get to recipe 300 before school starts back up in the fall- August 20 is my deadline.  That's about 17 recipes a month I need to do make for the next three months.  I'll be quite busy in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment