Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Top Ten Post #2: Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas

This weekend I made my 312 Pinterest recipe!  As I am working my way to Pin 400, I am going to first finish writing about my top ten from the first 300.

The first top ten recipe I wrote about can be found here for baked crab rangoon.

A second favorite of ours is a Black Bean and Spinach Enchilada.  The recipe comes from The Garden Grazer.  This is a great vegetarian dish and it has made it routinely into our Meatless Mondays.  The only thing we do differently is omit the cilantro.  I simply do not care for it. Aside from the cilantro, we keep it exactly the same; we absolutely love it the way it is!  The recipe even goes well using wheat tortillas if you prefer.


This dinner comes together quite quickly.  First prepare the filling while the oven is preheating.



After the filling is made, I start to make the enchilada sauce. The sauce is quick and easy to make, but if you want to save a few more moments, you could use store bought sauce. 
*Do be careful that the pan isn't too hot when you begin to make the sauce.  I heat the olive oil over a medium low heat.  Otherwise the tomato paste will splatter.*
 Next, put about 1/3 a cup of filling into each enchilada and roll each tortilla as nicely as you can (hopefully better than I do).
Pour some sauce onto the enchiladas.  Then be sure to sprinkle generously with cheese!


After baking for 20 minutes, it is time to dig in!  One of the best things about this recipe is that there is plenty to pack for lunch the next day.



1 comment: