Sunday, August 17, 2014

Top Ten Post #1

As I ended my post about recipe number 300, I said how my mom asked what my top 10 recipes are.  That's hard to tell, but I am going to blog my way through my top ten.  They are not in any particular order (at least not yet).

One of our favorite Chinese appetizers is crab rangoon.  A really gross, late night Chinese restaurant in College Park is where we first ate them.  Then it was discovered that our favorite Chinese restaurant, that I mentioned previously in a post, made THE BEST crab rangoon.  Although, one day that fabulous crab rangoon changed and was never again the same...maybe that's why they closed down?!  They did make a lot of money off of us ordering way too many crab rangoon(s?)...

One day on Pinterest, I found a Weight Watcher's recipe for crab rangoon. We tried it and were impressed.  I have made many modifications to the recipe and it is pretty darn close to the wonderful ones we would stuff our faces with in college.

My Baked Crab Rangoon
 Ingredients:

  • 6 oz of 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese 
  • 1 stick of imitation crab meat
  • 1 Tbsp. of sugar
  • 1/8 tsp of garlic salt
  • 1/4 tsp. of worcestershire sauce
  • 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
  • 16 wonton wrappers







Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350.  I always individually bag and freeze the imitation crab meat sticks.  Whenever I make crab rangoon I soften the cream cheese and the crab meat by heating it in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Then I dice the crab meat.  I mix in the ingredients one at a time.  

I frequently make these for lunch so I don't really measure ever.  Measurements for me are 8 shakes of this, a good sprinkle of that but I the measurements are what I toss in.  I have tried this recipe with regular cream cheese and various amounts of sugar and garlic salt, but these measurements result in my favorite ratio.




I have a race with the oven and can always have these ready to go in the oven as soon as it's preheated.  I spray the cookie sheet.  Then lay out the wonton wrappers and put about a tablespoon of the filling on each wrapper.


 I wet the edges of wrappers and fold up opposite corners.

I bake them for about 10 minutes, until they are golden brown.  They are hard to resist long enough to let them cool...



2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    My name is Hallie and I am a fellow food blogger - I coauthor the site www.halfbakedcooks.com . I was checking out your blog online today and wanted to say nice work! You have some great looking photos and cool recipe ideas! Your recipe for crab rangoon is definitely on my to-cook-list!
    I was wondering if I could put a link to your blog on my Rolodex page under "Blogs we love," hopefully this could get you some hits on your website- and help make my blog a better resource for finding awesome recipes. My blog is also pretty new so I can use all the blogger friends I can get! If you would ever like to do a guest post, or have myself or the other author (Genny) of half-baked cooks do one for you - let us know! Any link backs on your blogroll (if you have one) would be appreciated if you like our site!

    Thanks and have a great weekend,

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hallie! Thank you for your post! You may certainly add a link to your blog! I will find a way to add you to mine!

    Thanks,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete