Sunday, March 2, 2014

French Baguette

Whenever I discuss my bakery and all of the scrumptious things it would have, my husband always informs that I need to bake bread.  Our town could use a place with really good bread.  My husband is from New Jersey so he has very high expectations for bread, especially bagels.

Anyway...about two years ago I decided I better attempt to bake bread.  We have a bread machine that my husband would even use in his college dorm to make honey wheat bread.  Aside from that, I'd never baked bread before. After a quick Google search, I decided I would go for Allrecipe's posting for French Baguette. This recipe was quite easy and quick that it has become my go-to recipe for baguettes.  


My mom invited us for dinner tonight and requested this bread.  I was more than happy to comply. An hour and a half later I had two great tasting, fluffy, warm, and fresh baguettes.  

My Adaptions to the Recipe:
Instead of using the bread machine, I let the water and yeast sit for about 5 minutes, until it becomes foamy in the bowl for my mixer. Then I add all of the other ingredients and knead for about 5 minutes using my KitchenAid dough hook. 

I follow the remaining directions, but I substitute the egg wash by brushing milk on top of the dough before it bakes.  Then I sprinkle it with sea salt.

I know I have much to do in the way of bread making, but this recipe was a good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment