Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

I really did go about the hunt for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe because I thought I was dissatisfied with my go-to recipe.  However, after various taste tests and lots of recipe hunting I realized that I didn't like any of the recipes as much as my go-to.  After testing out many recipes, I did decide to add 1 tsp. of cornstarch to help soften the cookies.

Here is my own recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

-2 stick of unsalted butter, softened
-1 1/4 C. brown sugar
-1/2 C. sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-1 tsp. cornstarch
-2 C. flour
-1 C. instant oatmeal
-3/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Mix in the egg.  Once well combined, add in one ingredient at a time, in the order they appear.

Drop tablespoons of cookie dough on the cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  The cookies will be very light in color; the bottoms should be a golden brown.

I scoop out my cookies using a cookie scoop. This time I tested to see if it was better so slightly flatten them or not.  I think they tasted the same either way.  When I didn't flatten them, they need 2 more minutes to bake.

These cookies have the right amount of saltiness.  I think the oatmeal adds a nice texture and flavor without feeling like an oatmeal raisin cookie.  The dough is fabulous (not that I've eaten any for about 9 months)!  They cookies remain soft, while slightly crunchy around the edges.  Let me know what you think!

As always, happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment