Thursday, May 1, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I have made a bunch of different banana bread recipes- what else would I do with my "too ripe" bananas?

Yesterday, I came across a recipe for Streusel Topped Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Barbara Bakes and it seemed the perfect recipe to try out with my super ripe bananas.

I made a few minor adaptions to the recipe:

  • For the bread:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup smashed very ripe bananas 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • For the topping:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
I ended up needing to bake the banana bread for 75 minutes at 350!  Which is crazy! I don't know if that was because I swapped the sour cream for yogurt or what, but I've never had to bake banana bread for so long! The banana bread rose a lot! It is very deep. If I were to make this again, I would substitute some brown sugar in both the bread and the topping.  I think I might also add some more banana, it was not very bananan-y.  The 1 cup of chocolate chips was perfect to have a taste of chocolate in every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment